Pukaar is a registered youth run non-government organization consisting of young students who have taken the initiative of working on a dream of Pollution free Mother Earth, protecting and promoting local biodiversity through plantation and maintenance of Native flora.
This dream of protecting our environment and nature was seen by our founder Mr. Bhuvnesh Ojha when he was a 15 years old school going kid and planted a sapling in his locality with the help of neighbor’s kids on March 10, 2013, at age of 18 years.
He says, “Hum humare sansar ki musibato ke khud hi zimmedar hai aur iske liye khud hi ko uthna hoga.” (We ourselves are responsible for all the problems of the world for which we have to take a stand.)
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
A passionate change maker, activist, and founder Bhuvnesh Ojha, is a 23-year-old student of Udaipur who completed B.Sc. in Botany, Geology and Chemistry from Mohan Lal Sukhadia University (Udaipur).
Raised in the village called Piplund in Bhilwara district of Rajasthan state, he witnessed the basic problems underlying the small village; the most prominent being of water. As there was no real solution to the troubles, his interest grew towards finding the root cause and thus, his journey for environment change began.
A dropout of IIT-JEE training in Kota, he changed the course of his life and began in the pursuit of conserving biodiversity and protecting the environment.
STORY OF PUKAAR
On 10th March, 2013, Bhuvnesh’s ultimate dream started taking shape when he bought a Mango sapling from his pocket money and planted it in his colony with the help of a few. He gave the name of the sapling ‘Astitva’ as he felt that if we give nature space in our hearts, it has the capacity to give back love and care.
In the span of eight months, he successfully planted 28 saplings in his colony with his friends that they had bought from their pocket money and named them Asha (Hope), Bhumi (Earth/Land), Bhumika (Role), Prakriti (Nature) etc. In September 2013 he decided to involve youngsters and college students in his endeavor but failed to instill a sense of responsibility in them towards the environment. But this didn’t hold him back and he continued to make efforts.
After diligently working, his work caught attention after which people started acknowledging his work and joined in his efforts. Thus, evolved ‘Pukaar: Voice of Earth’ on 10th November, 2013 wherein the group started dedicating every Sunday towards plantation, environmental protection and betterment of the surroundings.
- ‘Plant a Tree With Us’ on every Sunday since 10th November 2013
- Maintenance Activity every week for watering and maintaining plants
- Maanvak Haritima- Greenery Lead of Youth to connect students of various schools and local citizens
- Celebrate with Pukaar-Plant a Tree on special occasions, birthdays and anniversaries etc.
- Udbodhan- for spreading awareness among citizens
- Ek Gadi, Ek Ped (One Vehicle, One Tree)- An initiative for bike and car owners to plant a sapling started on December 2016 in association with Mewar UM Bike owners
- Paudhopahar (Gift a Plant)- To promote gift a plant culture instead of bouquets
- Pukaar In Leadership- an Internship program from May 2017 to July 2017.
- Grow Vegetable Project with school students.
- Vrikshadan Movement- a fund raising campaign for plantation and maintenance in rural areas.
- Forest Under Development- Started developing a forest 15 km from Udaipur city near Kundal village.
- The group has restored life in 22 public parks.
- Planted a variety of medicinal, fruit plants and Aravali’s regional flora
- 100th Sunday on November 29, 2015
- 150th Sunday on January 29, 2017
- 200 Sunday on April 01, 2018
- 250th Sunday on May 26, 2019
- Planted Udaipur’s First Miyawaki Forest on 250th Sunday with 351 plants of 2 native species of Aravali region.
- Plantation activities conducted with ‘Prayatna Club’ of Indian Institute of Management-Udaipur (IIM-U), ‘Kendriya Vidhyalaya Sangathan’ and 9 other schools & colleges
- More than 8000 volunteers have become part of Pukaar’s ‘Plant a Tree With Us’ initiative on Sunday mornings.
- Various articles published in reputed media houses such as DD News, The Times of India, Dainik Bhaskar, Rajasthan Patrika, Dainik Navjyoti, etc.
- Articles and News shared on local social media portals including Patrika online portal, The better India, One2All, UdaipurBlog, UdaipurTimes.com, and InstaUdaipur, etc.
- Part of social panel discussions, social entrepreneurship programs and seminars such as
- Deen Dayal College of Delhi University
- Satyawati college of Delhi University.
- Lovely Professional University- Jalandhar
- JECRC University- Jaipur
- Udaipur Startup Festival organized by Startup Oasis and RIICO
- Youth Speak Forum by AIESEC Udaipur
- Udaipur School of Social Work- Udaipur
- PSP College of Nursing- Pratapur, Banswara District
- College of Dairy, Food and Technology of MPUAT.
- Eduwing academy, Udaipur
- Divine India youth foundation at Maa gayatri temple, Udaipur
APPRECIATION & AWARDS
- Swachh Rajasthan Award- 2016 presented by Local self department of the Government of Rajasthan.
- Certificate of Appreciation by Action Udaipur (District Administration Initiative of Udaipur)
- Efforts of Pukaar has received appreciation by ex-District Collector Mr. Ashutosh Pednekar of Udaipur, Deputy Mayor of Udaipur and Drishti Eye Foundation, etc. for making the city clean and green
- Certificate of Appreciation by District Environment Committee led by Hon’ble District Collector, District Forest Department, Member of Parliament, Member of Legislative Assembly (MLA), Mayor of Udaipur and Urban Improvement Trust (UIT) on World Environment Day (June 5, 2018)
- Certificate of Appreciation presented by Kalladwas Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KCCI), Udaipur
- Humans of Udaipur award by One2All
- Dwitiya Lakecity award by lakecity help society
- Kendriya Manvadhikar Samman by Manvadhikar aayog sangthan (NGO)
- Aapdaveer samman- 2018 by Paryavaran Raksha Sansthan
- Seva sansthan samman- 2017 by Seva bharti
- Paryavaran Rakshak by Bhartiya Janta Party- Paryavaran Prakoshth- 2018
- Utkrishthata Samman by Punjab National Bank on January 2, 2019
- Udaiveer Samman by Namo vichar manch
- Samajsevi award by Inspiro, Naritva and M square production
- Salute-2018 by Heaven Dance Acadamy
- Super-30 award- 2019
- Samarvan-2015 by Rukmani foundation
“As much as we are dedicated to our mission, we would want to see everyone taking initiatives and join Pukaar for the benefit of our society and the environment.”
Pukaar would love to work with organizations, companies, and NGOs to further strengthen the functioning and work to create a revolution of change. We wish to empower rural India through the promotion of social entrepreneurship and with the help of our platform, assist farmers in learning Organic Farming techniques and other productive means to increase their household income.
The Team Pukaar will always be alert to safeguard the environment from getting damaged by human tendencies and come forward to help those who wish to plant saplings in their respective houses, offices, schools, colleges, and parks, etc.
CONNECT WITH US
Call: +91-7229988335, 9829971479